LANDMARK COLLEGE BUILDING FOR SALE

Approx. 10,750 Sq. M. of prime Dublin City Centre Real Estate in Two Lots.

Sale with short-term leaseback on behalf of Dublin Institute of Technology and Grangegorman Development Agency

Dublin_Institute_of_Technology_grangegorman

FOR SALE BY PRIVATE TREATY

Introduction

In advance of the programmed relocation of the Schools of Hospitality Management and Tourism; Culinary Arts and Food Technology; and Environmental Health and Food Science to the new Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT) Grangegorman campus, the Cathal Brugha Street DIT College is offered for sale in two lots.  All bid information is contained in the Invitation to Bid available from the Data Room. more...

Cathal Brugha Street

The Cathal Brugha Street building was purpose built for educational use at that time.  It has a brick and granite elevation to both Marlborough Street and Cathal Brugha Street.  This property also includes a number of interesting features including art deco style windows, an elegant and stylish entrance hall and staircase and there are good floor to ceiling heights, more...

Marlborough Street

The Marlborough Street building is understood to be of steel frame construction, it has a brick elevation to Marlborough Street, is served by two passenger lifts.  The interconnecting link between the two blocks at ground and first floor levels runs under the Gresham Hotel rear extension so that the buildings may be considered either together or separately, more...

Red-Boundary-604

Location

The original 1941 college building occupies an imposing frontage to Cathal Brugha Street and Marlborough Street, the property is a short distance from O’Connell Street which is served by multiple bus routes including the Aircoach to and from Dublin Airport and is within easy walking distance of the Red Line LUAS at Lower Abbey Street. The new Luas Cross City is located immediately outside and adjacent to the properties. More...

History

DIT Cathal Brugha Street, Lot 1, has existed in its current location, just off O’Connell Street since 1941.  There have been many changes in the seventy seven years since it was officially opened on the 16th June 1941.

In 1941, St. Mary’s College of Domestic Science was established as an integral element of the State’s infrastructure for the education of young females under the auspices of the City of Dublin Vocational Educational Committee (CDVEC). More...

Grangegorman

The sale of DIT Cathal Brugha Street is in advance of the relocation of DIT activities to the new campus at Grangegorman in the north west of Dublin city, between Smithfield, North Circular Road and the Phoenix Park. This comprehensive redevelopment of a former hospital site, which along with the DIT campus will see a range of community health facilities, a primary school, and commercial and science park provision. More...

 

© 2019 Cathalbrugha